DETAILS ABOUT SUBCATEGORIES IN CROSS COUNTRY CLASS
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only!
We cannot guarantee that they cover all technical requirements
of the certain subcategory.
cross country class
What to expect from Balkan Offroad Rallye 2017:
- 8 rally days through the most beautiful parts of Bulgaria. Bulgaria has diverse terrain to offer – unknown even for most of the Europeans.
- A subcategory for modified cars!
- The Cross-Country cars will have to face harder navigation, longer stages and to keep all this under control for the 8 legs of the rally.
- “Limited” and “Open” subcategories shared the same tracks.
- Sporting rights
- Overall supervision
- Multilingual communication and responsive administration
- Rally tracks with challenging navigation
- Rally safety system, speed control and very accurate timekeeping
- Rental of GPS tracker
- Results processing, online timing, live tracking and updates on the website and social media
- Administrative set (ID card, bracelets, stickers etc.)
- Access to rally infrastructure and to service area
- Road book (no additional costs for roll road book)
- General Third Party Liability Insurance
- Professional medical assistance
- Recovery service
- Meals at the camps (breakfast, lunch package, dinner) included in the official rally catering
- Sanitary facilities (WC and showers)
- Personal gift from the FAN SHOP
- Award ceremony
- Free of charge marketing materials
- Modifications rendered mandatory by the General Technical and Safety Regulations are expressly allowed.
- Body and chassis
- Car’s shell and chassis may be freely modified.
- Engine changes and modifications are free.
- Cooling circuits
- Modifications are free. Repositioning of the cooling radiators is free. The addition of an electric fan is permitted. Additional coolers may be added.
- Air filter
- The air filter, its housing and the tube between this housing and the atmosphere are free. The air must not be taken from the cockpit. A snorkel may be fitted.
- Suspension modifications are free.
- Coil springs: The length is free, as is the number of coils, the wire diameter, the external diameter, the type of spring (progressive or not), the external diameter and the form of the spring seats.
Pneumatic or oil‐pneumatic springs may be replaced freely.
Leaf spring: The length, width, thickness and vertical curvature are free. The number of leaves is free.
Torsion bars: The diameter is free.
- Wheels and tires
- The wheels are free and there are no limitations on the size of tires. Tires are free provided that they can be mounted on these wheels, but studded tires and motorcycle tires are forbidden.
What is NOT included in the entry fee:
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Transport of participants and their vehicles
- Personal expenses
- Deposit for Rally Safety System
- Hotel accommodation package at Balkan Offroad
- Extra food and drinks not included in the official rally catering
Please refer to the Rally Regulations for more details.